Need a Replacement Tooth in Irving TX?
Choose Dental Implants from Dental Concepts!
If you’re missing teeth and require restorative dentistry to get back your natural smile, a dental implant may be the best choice for you. In the past, missing teeth were often treated with dentures and dental bridges. But these appliances will need to be replaced in time, and don’t always give patients the function and appearance of natural teeth.
Dental implants, on the other hand, are designed to last a lifetime. Dental implants are prosthetic teeth that are permanently implanted into your gum and jaw, perfectly mimicking the appearance and function of your original teeth.
Curious to learn more about dental implants from your Irving, TX dentist at Dental Concepts? Let’s dive into the details!
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are usually installed in just two appointments. During your first appointment, Dr. Nirav Patel will insert a post into your jaw and gum tissue, where the original root of the tooth used to be. This is a simple procedure and minimally-invasive.
After this procedure, the post will bond permanently with the surrounding gum and jaw tissue and function as an artificial root. A small abutment will be left exposed after the post is implanted. This will serve as the attachment point for a dental crown (prosthetic tooth).
Between your first and second appointment, Dr. Nirav Patel will create a customized dental crown, perfectly designed to match your original tooth. During your second appointment, this porcelain tooth will then be permanently attached with dental cement to bond it to the abutment.
That’s it! With just two simple procedures, you can restore your natural smile permanently!
What Dental Implants Can Do For You
Dental implants can be used to treat a wide variety of issues related to tooth loss. Here are some of the most popular reasons that patients opt for dental implants.
- Restoring smiles by replacing missing teeth – If you are missing one or more teeth, your other teeth may shift in your mouth, causing difficulties with speech, biting, and more. Dental implants can help prevent these issues.
- Replacing teeth that are damaged or decayed – In some cases, dental crowns alone cannot treat damaged or severely decayed teeth. Dental implants can be used after tooth extraction to provide a permanent tooth replacement.
- Replacing loose/badly infected teeth – Dental implants are often used for patients who have had extensive periodontal (gum) disease. After periodontal disease is treated, dental implants can be used to replace badly infected teeth, or loose teeth that had to be pulled during treatment.
- Replacing dentures or bridges – If you’ve been living with partial dentures or bridges, dental implants can be used as a permanent replacement. Depending on the patient and the severity of tooth loss, this could be a better option than what you’ve been using.
- Providing a natural, healthy smile – Dental implants do not require specialized care, and last for a lifetime. This makes them popular among patients who are seeking a permanent solution for missing teeth, and wish to restore a beautiful, natural smile.
Contact Dental Concepts Now To Learn More About Dental Implants!
Whether you’re interested in a new dental implant to replace missing teeth, or are just curious to learn more about the benefits of this advanced restorative dental procedure, contact Dr. Nirav Patel at Dental Concepts today!
At our facility, Dr. Nirav Patel can conduct a comprehensive oral care examination, and decide whether or not a dental implant is appropriate for you. We pride ourselves on always providing patients with the information they need to determine their own care, and guiding patients with expert advice and recommendations.
If you’re in Irving and interested in dental implants, schedule a consultation with Dental Concepts now. Call us at (972) 869-2273, send us an email at Info@DentalConceptsCare.com, or visit us in-person at 7423 Las Colinas Boulevard, STE 101, Irving, TX 75063!