Bruxism and TMJ Migraine Headache Treatment
by Dr. Nirav Patel, DDS – Dentist in Irving TX
Are you grinding and clenching your teeth at night? Do you get frequent headaches or even bad migraine headaches?
You may be suffering from “Bruxism” or TMD (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder) symptoms and need a mouth-guard to help you sleep.
Millions of Americans suffer from chronic grinding and clenching of their teeth and/or facial and neck pain as well as recurring headaches. In some cases this pain is due to “Bruxism” and/or Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, also known as “TMJ” or “TMD”.
Signs & Symptoms can include:
- Grinding and clenching your teeth
- Wear on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth and tops of the front teeth
- Pain in your jaw area
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when your jaw moves
- A change in the alignment of your top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
- And other symptoms
If you notice that you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may need a mouth-guard or TMJ Migraine Headache Treatment. Call Dr. Patel at 972-869-2273 for more information.
You Deserve a Good Night’s Rest!